RSS

Honoring The Brave

11 Nov

American Soldier Cover  One day is not enough to show my appreciation to the men and women who lay their lives on the line to defend our country. When I wrote American Soldier my sole purpose in mind was to personally share my love and gratitude to all the soldiers, marines, and sailors who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect the families of our great nation.  Life as we know it wouldn’t be the same without their service and I salute them. I could never take for granted the sacrifices these brave human beings make day in and day out for our peace. Veteran’s day isn’t about who’s having the biggest sale it’s about people courageous enough to do what most regular citizens including myself couldn’t do. My heart and prayers goes out to all the families affected by the pain and uncertainty that comes along with conflict. Not a day goes by that I don’t perform my civic duty to acknowledge and show respect to our nation’s heroes. SALUTE to active and retired troops all over the world. Thank you is not enough for all the things you extraordinary men and women did and continue to do.

About these ads

9 Comments

Posted by on November 11, 2013 in Music, News

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “Honoring The Brave

1. Jackie Robinson

November 11, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Today we show respect to the veterans who have served this country. I would like to thank my brother Dwayne Jones who served 20 years in the service. I thank you and all other veterans and their families. You are all brave and are willing to do what many won’t. So again thank you very much!!

2. Vlove

November 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Inspired…. Honoring the brave😄

3. Jasmine Fuller

November 11, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Today marks the day that so many brave individuals lost their lives. Its amazing how easily and quickly we forget about the very ones that have risked their lives, as well as, those who are currently risking their lives to protect the lifestyles that we all are so “comfortably” living. Many people my age or younger only see today as an additional day off from school, although many of them CLEARLY need as many days as can possibly be given. But there are a very small group of us that understand and respect the great devastation that affected so many families.
    With that being said, THANK YOU SOLDIERS!!! YOU HAVE WILLINGLY ACCEPTED THE ROLE TO PROTECT AND SERVE OUR COUNTRY. EVERYDAY, OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU, ASKING THAT YOU BE KEPT SAFE AND BROUGHT HOME TO YOUR FAMILIES.
    To those who have lost their lives, WE SALUTE YOU! YOU WILLINGLY GAVE YOUR LIFE IN ORDER TO PROTECT NOT ONLY THE LIVES OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, BUT ALSO THE LIVES OF COMPLETE STRANGERS. OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOUR FAMILES, THAT THEY BE STRENGTHENED DAILY. FOR YOU HAVE LEFT US, LEAVING BEHIND A WONDERFUL LEGEND.

People, we shouldn’t wait until November 11 to honor and pay tribute to those who have and are currently fighting for us. Everyday, we should take a minute to send up a prayer for them. Face it, they are brave enough to complete a job, you are too afraid to even consider.

• romin alavi

November 13, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I really liked your salute, the part about protecting total strangers. As I was reading that, it occurred to me that so many of the lives that our soldiers are protecting are not just in our country. There’s no doubt that the lives of Afghan women are exponentially better now than they were under the Taliban. When Grenada was taken over by communists, we sent in our military to protect and restore freedom. Even in Syria, where we don’t have troops, the lives of the Syrian people is a little better because Assad is giving up his chemical weapons. Why? Because if he didn’t we would’ve used our military to take them. That wasn’t to protect any Americans. That was purely to protect people across the world that don’t have governments that will protect them.

4. emaculant

November 12, 2013 at 10:15 am

Yes sir real talk here we all need to support.

• Ruth

November 12, 2013 at 10:48 am

Supporting all the veterans that fought to keep us safe and free. Much respect to all those who serve in the military. May God be with you and thank you for your sacrifice.

5. romin alavi

November 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Well said. Its hard to even imagine the reality of so many soldiers that have made it easy to live in the U.S. today. From the WWII guys, where 1 out of every 4 people was deployed, to the Iraq/Afghanistan men and women who are 100% volunteers, thank you to each and every one of you and your family that support you and love you. This country is what it is because people like you were willing to sacrifice everything, quite literally, and that, more than anything, is what makes this nation the greatest in history.

6. Maria Rodriguez

November 13, 2013 at 9:09 am

One can never say thank you enough to the people that have said yes to protecting and serving with their lives the country you live in. I am able to sleep peaceful at night because of the sacrifice these men and women have made. I am not be an American but I very grateful for the valor and strength these amazing people have to keep me as a resident safe. This is a great article and the American Soldier by Absoloot is just an awesome dedication to all those fighting and the ones who have lost their lives in the fight.

7. romin alavi

November 13, 2013 at 1:08 pm

And a thank you to those who support the soldiers. That includes you for making this blog post. One of the issues with having an all volunteer army is that the country largely forgets about the fact that we have over 250,000 of our soldiers in harms way each and every day. The last time we had any real threat of being attacked in our homes and towns was during WWII, where several German u-boats sank ships on our east coast all the way down to Florida, and on the west coast the Japanese managed a few similarly small scale attacks. You know why we haven’t been attacked on our own turf since then? Because we have the bravest, best trained troops ever to walk the face of the planet. You don’t have to be happy that we are going to war, or that we are in foreign countries. Supporting our troops is different that supporting endless war. I voted for presidents that will avoid war unless absolutely necessary. Bush got us into two that I can’t say really helped anyone but Cheney’s Haliburton and a few contractors. It takes an even stronger, more dedicated soldier, like what we have, to execute wars that they probably don’t think were the best ideas ever. You guys are true professionals and heros.